USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are V12 Retail Finance Limited, registered in England and Wales 4585692, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
V12 Retail Finance Limited act as a credit broker and will introduce you to Secure Trust Bank PLC and/or Omni Capital Retail Finance Limited. If your application is successful, V12 Retail Finance Limited will receive a commission.
When we use "we" in this notice we mean us or anyone acting on our behalf. When we use "you", we mean the customer or applicant acting on their own behalf or for a business.
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully as it contains important information to help you understand our practices regarding any personal information that you give to us.
What information we collect
We process your personal information including:
- the personal information that you give us during an application, or that you have given to us during a previous application or as a customer;
- the personal information that we obtain about you from the retailer who helps arrange the application for you;
- the personal information that we receive from third parties such as credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies (see below), where we need to contact these third parties as part of your application or in servicing your account with us;
- the personal information that you give us while servicing your account via our website, in writing or over the phone; and
- the personal information that you give us if you register interest in a product and/or service, request information or assistance from us or make a complaint.
What personal information we process
This personal information includes your:
- date of birth;
- address and your address history;
- telephone number;
- email address;
- details of expenditure;
- bank details;
- credit history and records relating to your partner or anyone else you are financially linked with (we receive this information from the credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies);
- employment/self-employment details (including income and taxation);
- information regarding whether you have any dependants;
- identifiers assigned to your computer or other internet connected device including your IP address.
If you make an application on behalf of a business, we will process personal information about shareholders, directors, partners and owners, including name, date of birth, address, credit history and information made public (for example on social media and on public registers).
Where information fields are marked as mandatory on any application form that you complete, you will need to provide such information in order for us to continue with your application.
Special categories of Personal Data
Special categories of personal data include information about an individual's health and other categories of personal information which are closely protected (e.g. criminal convictions).
We do not generally process such information, unless you have voluntarily provided that information to us, for example, where you have notified us of a health issue that would mean you would be classed as a 'vulnerable customer' (i.e. if you, due to your personal circumstances or personal characteristics, are especially vulnerable to financial detriment or where you have notified us of a custodial sentence that will impact your ability to manage your account).
How we use your personal information
In summary, we use your personal information for the purposes of:
- servicing and internal processing;
- management of our relationship with you (e.g. to develop your relationship with us);
- resolving queries/problems (e.g. responding to complaints or contacting you if you do not complete your application);
- training and service review (e.g. to help us enhance our services); and
- complying with legal obligations (e.g. to prevent, investigate and prosecute crime, fraud and money laundering).
As detailed below, we process your personal information where we have a legitimate interest to do so (except where it would override your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require the protection of personal information), where otherwise permitted by law, or to comply with applicable law and regulation.
|PURPOSE||LEGAL BASIS (As set out under applicable data protection law - for more details click here)|
|Servicing and Internal Processing|
|• to provide the product or service that you applied for;||Legitimate interests to provide and manage the product or service|
|• to evaluate risk in connection with the provision of our services;||To comply with legal obligations to manage and control risk|
|• to verify the identity of our customers and potential customers;||To comply with legal obligations in financial services regulations for prevention of money laundering|
|• to confirm, update and improve our customer records;||To comply with legal obligations in the Data Protection regulations|
|• to respond to any queries or complaints that you raise;||To comply with legal obligations for complaint handling|
|• to prevent, investigate and prosecute crime, fraud and money laundering; (see 'For crime and fraud prevention and anti-money laundering' section)||To comply with legal obligations for prevention of financial crime and money laundering|
|• to inform you if an application you have started is incomplete or to pre-populate any future applications where you have told us we can keep your information for this purpose;||Legitimate interests to aid customers in completing applications|
|• to provide you with any information on the products or services you have requested, by completing an expression of interest form or otherwise (including to give you advanced notice of new products);||Legitimate interests to provide information on the products or services as requested|
|Management of Relationship|
|• to manage, analyse, understand and develop your relationship with us, for example, to understand how often you access our services;||Legitimate interests to service customers' accounts, optimise customers' experience with us and develop our products and services|
|• to inform you about improvements to the Website;||Legitimate interests to optimise customers' experience on the Website|
|• to keep you informed of any of our other/new products and services and identify and market products and services that may be of interest to you, where you have chosen to be made aware of this; (see 'Marketing' section)||With consent|
|Training and Service Review|
|• for training purposes and to enhance or review the service we provide or have provided to you;||Legitimate interests to optimise customers' experience with us, to manage performance and develop our employees|
|• for auditing purposes;||To comply with legal obligations to conduct audits|
|• if we are obliged to disclose information by reason of any law, regulation or court order;||To comply with legal obligations|
|• to transfer information to any entity which may acquire rights in us;||Legitimate interests for commercial interests|
|• for any other purpose to which you agree.||With consent|
How we retain your information
The personal information that you provide will be retained by us in accordance with applicable laws. We take reasonable steps to destroy or anonymise personal information we hold if it is no longer needed for the purposes set out above.
Set out below are our retention periods
|Type of personal information||Retention period|
|• General personal data - this includes the categories of normal personal data, personal identity and personal financial data||7 years after end of relationship|
|• Special categories of personal data may be captured if voluntarily provided to us||7 years after end of relationship
Special categories of personal data will be erased if you no longer want us to retain the information
|• Call recordings||1 year|
|• CCTV - digital images if you visit one of our offices||90 days|
How we share your information
The recipients with whom we share personal information are:
- lenders with whom we have a relationship including Secure Trust Bank PLC (we are part of the Secure Trust Bank Group) and Omni Capital Retail Finance. If you want any information about how Secure Trust Bank and Omni Capital Retail Finance process your information, please visit their websites at https://www.securetrustbank.com/privacy-statement and www.omnicapitalretailfinance.co.uk/privacy-policy/;
- our third party service providers who act on our instruction and need to know the information in order to provide us or you with a product or service;
- our third party service providers who act on our instruction and process information on our behalf to help run some of our business operations including email distribution, electronic signature processing, storage of customer documentation, IT services and websites;
- our partners including introducers and retailers we work with;
- our affiliates, for the purpose of managing our customer relationships, administering our business and to provide you with information about other products and services which might be of interest to you;
- our advisors, for the purpose of assisting us to better manage, support or develop our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- our regulators (including the Financial Conduct Authority and Information Commissioner's Office) to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- entities who may or do acquire any rights in us for the purpose of a business sale or reorganisation;
- credit reference agencies (including Call Credit and Equifax) and fraud prevention agencies (including Cifas and Synectics Solutions) - see sections below 'Sharing with credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies' );
- HMRC, who may then pass information on to a relevant overseas tax authority;
- law enforcement bodies in order to comply with any legal obligation or court order;
- where you have agreed to receive such marketing, we may make your details available to reputable suppliers of credit and insurance related services that we feel may be of interest to you; and
- we reserve the right to sell accounts. In some circumstances, the firm to whom we sell accounts may require us to continue to process personal information. We will inform you if we do this.
Transfer outside of the EEA
Recipients with whom we share your personal information, for example our service providers, may be located in the UK, other countries in the European Economic Area or elsewhere in the world. Different privacy laws may apply in these countries and you understand and unambiguously agree to the transfer of personal information to these countries and parties.
Whenever we or our service providers transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area, we or they impose the standard contractual obligations approved by the European Commission on the recipients of that information to protect your personal information to the standard required in the European Economic Area or require the recipient to subscribe to 'international frameworks'. More details on the standard contractual obligations and the international frameworks are available on the ICO's website, or you can contact our Data Protection Officer on the details below.
We monitor communications with us, including call recordings, for training purposes and to enhance or review the service we provide.
Sharing with credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies
In order to process the application of the entity of which you are shareholder, director, partner or owner, we will undertake checks on you for the purposes of detecting and preventing crime, fraud and money laundering, and to verify your identity. These checks require us to process your personal information with the credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
We continue to conduct regular or extraordinary checks for the same purposes while you have a relationship with us, for example an annual check with credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies or for a change in company structure.
Credit reference agencies will supply us with information about you. This will include both public information (including the electoral register) and shared credit, financial situation and financial history information and fraud prevention information. They will add information about our search to the record about you.
The consequences of these checks with credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies may mean that if we determine that you pose a fraud or money laundering risk, we may refuse to set up an account with you or we may stop providing existing services to you. If you have an agreement with us then the terms of that agreement will dictate how we do this.
Credit reference agencies hold your personal information for up to six years.
If you are considered to pose a fraud or money laundering risk, your information is held for up to six years. A record of any fraud or money laundering risk will be retained by the fraud prevention agencies, and may result in others refusing to provide services or financing to you. If you have any questions about this, please contact the fraud prevention agencies on the details below.
We, and fraud prevention agencies, may also enable law enforcement agencies to access and use your personal information to detect, investigate and prevent crime.
We use Call Credit as our credit reference agency. More information about the credit reference agencies and how they process your personal information is available at: www.callcredit.co.uk/crain
You can also find information about the credit reference agencies on the website of the Information Commissioner's Office at www.ico.org.uk/for-the-public/credit
From time to time, we may send you information regarding our products and/or services or those from carefully selected third parties, such as lenders and brokers, that we think may be of interest to you where we have your agreement. You opt to receive this information by letter, telephone, SMS and / or email.
If, at any time, you prefer not to receive further communications from us in any or all forms (except in connection with information, products or services that you specifically request), you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by means of a link provided in every e-mail that is sent to you by us or by contacting us. To unsubscribe from such communications by SMS, reply 'STOP' to the SMS.
Third Party Websites
This website contains links to other websites. We accept no responsibility or liability for the content of other websites which are not under our strict control, in particular, we are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting other websites and such sites are not governed by this Privacy Statement. Please see section titled 'Access to Website' in our Website Terms and Conditions for further details.
Emails sent via the internet can be subject to interception, loss or possible alteration, therefore we cannot guarantee their security. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information sent by email and therefore will have no liability to you for any damages or other costs in relation to emails sent by you to us via the internet.
The Website is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 18 without the agreement and involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 18.
We will keep this Privacy Statement under review and make updates from time to time. We will notify you of any major changes which will affect the processing of your personal data, for example if we change the credit reference agencies we use. We may make minor changes (such as to correct typographical errors, or to add information about other products or services which do not affect your personal information at this time) without notifying you.
We respect your rights
You have the right to request copies of certain of your personal information within our custody and control and details of how we use that information. Your request should be made in writing.
If you think any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, you can also request it is corrected or erased.
You also have rights, in certain circumstances:
- to object to our processing of your personal information;
- to require us to stop processing your personal information; and
- to withdraw your agreement to processing based on 'consent'.
In relation to all of these rights, please write to us at the address at the bottom of this notice.
Please note that we may request proof of identity when we receive your request.
Data Protection Officer
If you are unhappy about how your personal information has been used, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the details set out below. You also have a right to complain to the Information
Commissioner's Office (https://ww.ico.org.uk), which regulates the processing of personal data.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by telephone or in writing:
Data Protection Officer
V12 Retail Finance Limited
20 Neptune Court
Telephone queries can be made to: 02920 468900.